Senior Claims Handler - TPPD
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Area||South East, UK|
- Leading Insurance organisation, who are enjoying a period of sustained growth, wish to recruit an experienced Senior Claims Handler to join their growing team in Oxted. The role involves dealing with complex third party impact damage claims and some liability claims, both EL and PL.
Working as part of a dedicated team of 10 handlers, you will be responsible for overseeing junior members of the team, acting as a referral point and taking the lead on complex queries. You will report directly into the Claims Director and in time, take more of a lead in the day to day management of the team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Validate Property Damage claims.
- Dealing with both EL/PL injury and TPPD Claims
- Communicate with the third party via telephone, email and post in an efficient and professional manner.
- Appoint contractors and to update claims on internal systems and make appropriate decisions on validation.
- Manage personal allocation of claims, post and diary work in a timely and efficient manner
- Handle claims in line with client specifications and the appropriate service standards while providing a high level of customer care
- Authorise payments to claimants and supplies for settlement within an agreed delegated authority
- Actively adhere to and promote the principles of treating customers fairly (TCF) and operate within Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) guidelines
- All employees are expected to carry out any reasonable instruction given by their senior manager, in line with business requirements
To apply for this vacancy, ideally you will have previous/current first party property damage experience and/or EL/PL claims experience. Ideally you will have already operated at a senior level and offered advice/guidance to junior members of a team.
If successful, you can expect a generous salary, along with benefits and the opportunity to work for one of the fastest growing companies in the industry. Full support will be provided to study for the CILA qualifications.
To find out more about this role, please contact Adrian Richards at Cavendish Maine, quoting reference AR/21266.
By responding to this advert you consent to Cavendish Maine processing the personal data included within this application.
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Should you not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this please call us to advise.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.