Claims Handler (Personal & Commercial Lines)
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Area||South West, UK|
- As a result of continued success and growth, a fantastic opportunity has been created to begin or continue a career in the insurance industry and join one of the regions’ top, independently owned provincial broker’s as a Claims Handler.
Previous industry experience isn’t necessarily required as full training and qualification sponsorship will be provided for the successful candidate.
Established over 30 years ago, our client is now one of the UK’s leading independent brokers. They pride themselves on their service and the expert advice that they consistently provide to their customers.
Their aim is and has always been, to fully understand their clients’ need and exceed their expectations.
Working as a Claims Handler, you will be required to provide a professional day to day claims processing and handling service to clients, covering all types of claims – but predominantly commercial motor. Specific duties will include;
- Administer, process, submit and chase claims
- Maintain an effective diary and follow up system
- Contact with clients, insurers, solicitors and body – repairers by phone, email and post
- Delivery of relevant and accurate information and documentation within agreed timescales
- Keep clients updated on claims progress
Key Skills / Experience Required:
In order to be considered for the role of Claims Handler, you must possess the following:
- Insurance related experience would be desirable but not essential
- Ideally commercial motor claims experience
- Experience of dispute resolution or complaint handling
- Strong customer service and relationship building abilities
- A professional telephone manner
- Effective organisation skills
- Strong PC literacy
- Good administration skills
- The ability to produce high – quality work
- Enthusiasm with a willingness to learn new skills
- Salary is negotiable and dependent upon experience
- 9am – 5.15pm (Monday to Friday)
- 25 days holiday
- Workplace pension
- Death In Service
- Discounts on insurance products
- Study support
By responding to this advert, you consent to Cavendish Maine processing the personal data included within this application.
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Should you not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this, please call us to advise.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.