Underwriter / Underwriting Administrator
- A rare opportunity to join an award winning team within one of the largest, most successful independent Insurance Brokers in the world has arisen for an experienced Underwriting Assistant / Administrator.
About the Role:
- Working within a small team, you will be required to support a team of Account Managers and Account Executives with the handling of a portfolio of key clients.
Your duties will be varied and will include:
- Researching and getting to know key clients in order to act as an initial point of contact for all queries
- Monitor and check policy documents for accuracy
- Sending out renewal letters
- Liaising with Underwriters
- Working on premium allocations where required
- Obtaining claims information from insurers
- Talking to contacts within the Insurance market and preparing documentation to issue to clients
- Assessing proposal forms
- Maintenance of diary system
- Dealing with mid-term enquiries
- Preparation of invoices for renewal and mid – term adjustments
- Taking calls and assisting with general queries
- Compose/draft correspondence, reports, papers, etc.
- Use of spreadsheets and databases.
Key Skills/Experience Required:
In order to be considered for the position of Broker Assistant / Administrator you must possess the following:
- Previous experience of working within the Insurance industry (ideally commercial property, EL/PL or liability)
- An understanding of insurer rating methods for each class of insurance
- A high level of professionalism with the ability to communicate with people at all levels
- Ability to manage time, prioritise and ensure that deadlines are met without
- compromising quality
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, including research and investigation
- Strong PC literacy
- Team player
- Salary up to £28,000 depending on experience.
- Contributory pension scheme (8% employer contribution)
- 25 days annual leave (opportunity to purchase more)
- Private Healthcare
- Hybrid working – 3 days/week in office
By responding to this advert you consent to Cavendish Maine processing the personal data included within this application.
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Should you not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this please call us to advise.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.
Share this job
About Cavendish Maine
Cavendish Maine is a team of expert, straight-talking, and talented recruitment professionals with a shared passion to connect employers with the candidates they need to grow their business. With 30 years of experience, we adapt each recruitment process to meet the needs of our clients, through a blend of the very best recruitment practises, delivered with committed focuss on quality, understanding and integrity at every stage.
Whilst we are all very different, we share a set of values which is at the heart of what we do.