Supply Chain and Operations Executive
Our client is a successful and consistently growing business within the beauty, personal care and gift sectors, supplying both independent and major UK and international retailers with their fantastic range of products. With an impressive growth strategy in place, this is an incredibly exciting time to join this fast paced, dynamic and energetic business.
Location: London – Hybrid
A newly created role, due to expansion and growth, this role offers excellent career development opportunity within a dynamic business. This position offers hybrid working from our client’s central London office combined with the flexibility to work from home 2-3 days per week.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Managing and prioritising picks with the warehouse, ensuring customer delivery deadline dates are achieved.
- Monitoring and supporting the warehouse in dispatching in line with set KPIs, per customer account.
- Being the sole point of contact between head office and warehouse, filtering questions from both sides, gathering information to make informed decisions, developing an efficient smooth process.
- Feeding back monthly progress and financial position back to the business
- Owning the supplier manuals, creating one-page summaries per customer for warehouse on key areas, e.g. pallet heights, label requirements, carton requirements etc.
- Handling all queries post order placement including availability/short ships and any other issues that arise.
- Taking responsibility for orders once they are with the warehouse for UK & ROW, business from warehouse to delivery, ensuring warehouse has everything needed fulfil orders while identifying and resolving issues.
- Reporting expected sales performance based on what can be invoiced per month.
- Arranging export bookings and queries, providing customer with detail to book shipments in line with customer requirements and warehouse capabilities.
- Managing the day-to-day relationship with outbound haulers.
- Continuously reviewing operations performance with matters such as outbound freight: developing process, improving cost and service efficiencies.
- Working with inbound freight and order management team to ensure smooth transactions for warehouse.
- Liaising with warehouse to ensure all consumable including labels are on time, in full for all orders.
We are looking for a solution driven, proactive and problem-solving team player able to control day to day challenges while perfecting and developing best practice.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience of working in a similar role, acting as a linchpin between head office and warehouse/distribution centre.
- Excellent communication skills, able to liaise with internal head office and warehousing personnel and customer contacts.
- Strong attention to detail.
- A proactive and solution led approach.
- Experience of working within the FMCG industry with experience of the beauty, personal care, fashion, gifting or home categories being distinctly advantageous.
Consultant: Rina Gokani
Tel: 01275 813027
By responding to this advert you consent to Cavendish Maine processing the personal data included within this application.
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Should you not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this please call us to advise.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.
Share this job
About Cavendish Maine
Cavendish Maine is a team of expert, straight-talking, and talented recruitment professionals with a shared passion to connect employers with the candidates they need to grow their business. With 30 years of experience, we adapt each recruitment process to meet the needs of our clients, through a blend of the very best recruitment practises, delivered with committed focuss on quality, understanding and integrity at every stage.
Whilst we are all very different, we share a set of values which is at the heart of what we do.