- Join this leading pet trade supplier with a reputation for innovation and service
- Enjoy a recession proof market with enormous growth potential
- Inherit an established sales area and use your skills to create growth
The Role: Sales Representative
This is an exciting, hands-on, field sales role in a dynamic business. With considerable autonomy for your sales area, you will inherit a combination of established and prospect retail customers with a brief to build the strong relationships that will lead to successful sales growth. Customers include independent pet shops, garden centres, farm shops, agricultural merchants and general hardware stores.
- Covering North Wales, Cheshire, Staffordshire, Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire
- Create an effective journey plan that maximises contact time with customers
- Be accountable for the sales growth and customer service standards in your area
- Identify and build a strong customer relationship with the owners / buyers in each store
- Report against a rolling new business plan to open more stockists
- Listen and understand the requirements of each customer and build appropriate sales strategies
- Set measurable objectives for all field sales calls and regularly review your results
- Support each customer with merchandising and staff training
A basic salary of £32,000 – £35,000 plus quarterly and annual bonuses.
Quality company car, laptop, phone and credit card.
A manufacturer / distributor of innovative, functional and eye-catching pet accessories that are already successfully sold to thousands of retailers. A strong trade brand with a reputation for great customer service and constant product evolution.
Candidate profile: Sales Representative
We are looking for an experienced field sales professional with the ability and personality to build strong relationships and deliver sales growth with independent retailers. Non-food fmcg experience would be a natural fit with this market where display space, retailer margin, sell-through and customer satisfaction are all part of the sales process.
- Living in North Wales, Cheshire, Staffordshire, Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire
- A proven track record in field sales, dealing with independent retailers
- A skilled account manager and new business winner
- Experience of non-food consumer goods (eg. pet, garden, hardware, DIY, gifts, housewares)
- A natural people person who can build trusting relationships with retail owners / buyers
- Professional, committed and keen to embrace new challenges
- Advanced sales and communication skills
For more information and to apply please contact Nick Hester at Cavendish Maine recruitment:
Name Nick Hester
Telephone 01275 813030
Share this job
About Cavendish Maine
Cavendish Maine is a team of expert, straight-talking, and talented recruitment professionals with a shared passion to connect employers with the candidates they need to grow their business. With 30 years of experience, we adapt each recruitment process to meet the needs of our clients, through a blend of the very best recruitment practises, delivered with committed focuss on quality, understanding and integrity at every stage.
Whilst we are all very different, we share a set of values which is at the heart of what we do.