- An award-winning, branded garden trade supplier
- Lead a national team of sales agents
- Key account management and prospecting
- Privately owned, passionate business
- You will be tasked with achieving the company’s growth plan by driving sales into the garden centre trade.
- This will include the management of a national team of 15 sales agents, personal sales to garden centre groups and broader management responsibilities within the senior team.
Key Responsibilities Will Include:
- Build, agree and deliver a sales strategy with targets and timescales
- Analyse historic sales data to understand distribution gaps, opportunities and market trends
- Set targets and review the performance of Sales Agents
- Support Sales Agents with sales literature, promotions and joint meetings
- Identify and approach new garden centre groups
- Work closely with colleagues in operations, purchasing, finance and customer service
- Support future new product development
- Attend trade shows as required e.g. GLEE
About the Company:
- You will be working for a long-established, privately owned, award-winning garden trade supplier that offers an attractive and sustainable range to the garden centre trade.
- The job holder will become a senior figure within this small, privately-owned business.
- The correct cultural fit is essential and we are looking for someone who will be focused on their team’s results while engaging positively with all colleagues, suppliers and trade contacts.
- Based centrally within the UK. Able to travel to customers’ premises and head office as required.
- Proven track record of sales success in the garden centre trade
- Personal relationships with buyers within garden centre groups and key independents
- Experience of leadership, ideally in the management of Sales Representatives or Agents
- IT literate and used to making data-led decisions
- Excellent presentation, communication and customer relationship skills
- Able to grow sales, while building relationships and quickly communicate potential risks and issue
- Act with professionalism and have a committed approach to work
- On offer is a negotiable basic salary between £50,000 – £70,000 plus performance based bonus of £8,000 at 100% of target. Fully expensed electric car, company pension scheme and 25 days holiday.
By responding to this advert you consent to Cavendish Maine processing the personal data included within this application.
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Should you not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this please call us to advise.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.
Share this job
About Cavendish Maine
Cavendish Maine is a team of expert, straight-talking, and talented recruitment professionals with a shared passion to connect employers with the candidates they need to grow their business. With 30 years of experience, we adapt each recruitment process to meet the needs of our clients, through a blend of the very best recruitment practises, delivered with committed focuss on quality, understanding and integrity at every stage.
Whilst we are all very different, we share a set of values which is at the heart of what we do.