- Our client is a successful friendly business that designs and supplies a variety of own label and branded gift wrap, stationery, ceramics and gifts to major retail chains.
- As an expanding business they now have a vacancy for a Product Manager, ideally with experience in the relevant product areas to join the company in West Yorkshire.
- The Product Manager will be responsible for bringing ranges of wrap and gifting products to market, from design stage through to delivery.
- Working closely with both our customers and our international supply base you will ensure that products are created to a detailed specification, delivered on time and within budget.
Responsibilities Will Include:
- Manage product launches from customer sign off through production and delivery
- A point of contact for key customer accounts to determine customer requirements relating to product
- Create detailed product specifications for both internal and external stakeholders for set up and maintenance of product ranges.
- Negotiate and calculate landed costs for internationally supplied products
- Sourcing and purchasing from an international supply base
- Brief and check product and packaging artwork for print approval
- Manage production progress in line with internal and customer critical date paths to ensure deadlines are met.
- Ensure customer sampling requirements are communicated internally and externally and samples ordered in accordance with the CDP.
- Manage sample approvals and liaise with suppliers and customers to obtain sign off
- Liaise with customers to obtain essential information required to meet customer CDPs and highlight any issues to Senior Account Managers and Operations team.
- Check supplier reports on stock availability, review stock levels and highlight future stock requirements internally.
- Communicate with customers on any product and stock queries.
Skills and Experience:
- Highly organised with a methodical and focused work attitude and great attention to detail.
- Forward thinking and pro-active with excellent time management skills
- Flexible with the ability to adapt to rapidly changing priorities.
- Commercially aware, ideally with experience of dealing with large retailers and passionate about building products that customers love.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build rapport with people quickly and effectively.
- Qualified to degree level or with 2 years relevant experience in product management.
- Numerate and computer literate and possess a good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
Shelley Velati or Rina Gokani
By responding to this advert you consent to Cavendish Maine processing the personal data included within this application.
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Should you not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file for 6 months, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this please call us to advise.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.
Share this job
About Cavendish Maine
Cavendish Maine is a team of expert, straight-talking, and talented recruitment professionals with a shared passion to connect employers with the candidates they need to grow their business. With 30 years of experience, we adapt each recruitment process to meet the needs of our clients, through a blend of the very best recruitment practises, delivered with committed focuss on quality, understanding and integrity at every stage.
Whilst we are all very different, we share a set of values which is at the heart of what we do.