An opportunity to join a well-established, rapidly growing and evolving business at the outset of a full brand and product refresh aimed to take it’s proposition on to the next level. You would be working closely with local and central teams to bring to market a range of integrated domestic appliances across the brand portfolio utilising both group and third party factory relationships.
You will have had experience of shaping, sourcing and managing a range within the domestic appliance market or a closely related industry. Flexible working is offered around our offices near Leeds with both UK and occasional European travel being required.
A forward thinking, tenacious mindset will be needed along with the ability to work well within a matrix management structure
As Product Manager you will be responsible for the UK product range for our client across multiple brands. You will lead the daily management of the range, future planning and execution throughout the product life-cycle, including:
- Defining the product vision across all brand, product typology and distribution strategies.
- Working with the central product team and non group factories in order to source the most competitive range.
- You will also be required to develop, establish and maintain product strategies to meet organisational objectives.
- Managing, monitoring and improving the NPI process.
- Working closely with the Technical, Sales and Marketing teams to ensure that revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met.
- Working closely with the central product team in order to ensure our client always has the best product selection available locally as possible.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Define the product strategy and roadmap, ensuring alignment with our client’s overall strategy and goals, including long term growth targets and expected profitability.
- Manage the entire UK product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities, making sure that the NPI process is optimised.
- Managing all aspects of product management including specifications, instruction book creation, supporting material.
- Monitor all aspects of product certification and accreditation for the local market to ensure compliance with all regulatory standards.
- Benchmarking all key competitor ranges and activity, along with tracking all market trends.
- Develop the correct retail price positioning and specification for the product.
- Specify market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going visits to customers and non-customers as well as analysing product reviews and opinions available.
- Participate in developing and implementing a company-wide go-to-market plan.
- Be the company expert in all our clients’ products and those of our competitors.
- Prepare, review and distribute reports, feedback, analysis, and other market data.
- Participating in the budgeting process in line with our client’s process
Key Skills / Attributes
- Excellent communication skills; verbal and written.
- A thorough knowledge of the kitchen appliance industry.
- Ability to manage own workload to tight deadlines, including balancing, planning and organising multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Proven success in defining and launching excellent products.
- Creative thinker.
- Experience of developing, maintaining, and delivering on product and marketing strategies to meet company objectives.
- A strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
- Excellent analytical ability with strong Excel and presentational skills.
Contact: Shelley Velati
By responding to this advert you consent to Cavendish Maine processing the personal data included within this application.
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Should you not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this please call us to advise.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.
Share this job
About Cavendish Maine
Cavendish Maine is a team of expert, straight-talking, and talented recruitment professionals with a shared passion to connect employers with the candidates they need to grow their business. With 30 years of experience, we adapt each recruitment process to meet the needs of our clients, through a blend of the very best recruitment practises, delivered with committed focuss on quality, understanding and integrity at every stage.
Whilst we are all very different, we share a set of values which is at the heart of what we do.