A market leading specialist Insurance Company are looking to recruit an ambitious Professional Indemnity Underwriter to join their team.
They specialise within Professional Indemnity, D&O, Management Liability, Crime, Employers Liability, Public and Products Liability.
You’ll contribute to developing the established team, by bringing new ideas, driving growth and delivering excellence within the PI Underwriting space.
If you have a demonstrable track record of success in your current role then this is the opportunity to drive your career forward and be rewarded appropriately for your efforts
About the Role:
As an experienced PI Underwriter, you will:
- Underwrite primary and excess of loss business profitably within parameters of binders, authority and business plan.
- Manage and develop a panel of brokers, with a remit to increase market share.
- With a strong attention to detail, compile and provide statistics, interpreting the data and explaining to others.
- Operate within the confines of the agreed underwriting authority and utilise the company’s preferred insurance pool
- Enjoy working for a firm that values its team, offering strong benefits and all the support and development you could ask for.
Key Skills/Experience Required:
- A proven track record in PI underwriting with knowledge of general insurance gained across London Market / Lloyd’s and Industry.
- Firm grasp of risk exposure, able to determine the acceptance criteria and risk classifications
in a range of complex or unfamiliar situations.
- Experience of planning and prioritising client renewals and seeking business opportunities
- Strong communication and social skills with clients and colleagues, good level of numeracy and literacy coupled with excellent attention to detail
- Analytical problem solving approach with initiative and a ‘can do’ attitude
- An insightful, ambitious, willing teammate who takes ownership and accountability, keen to share expertise.
- Cert CII/ Dip CII and educated to A-Level standard or equivalent.
- Salary up to £70,000 depending on experience.
- 27 days annual leave (opportunity to purchase more)
- Contributory pension scheme plus excellent benefits package
- Hybrid working
Contact: Dave Harries
By responding to this advert you consent to Cavendish Maine processing the personal data included within this application.
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Should you not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this please call us to advise.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.
Share this job
About Cavendish Maine
Cavendish Maine is a team of expert, straight-talking, and talented recruitment professionals with a shared passion to connect employers with the candidates they need to grow their business. With 30 years of experience, we adapt each recruitment process to meet the needs of our clients, through a blend of the very best recruitment practises, delivered with committed focuss on quality, understanding and integrity at every stage.
Whilst we are all very different, we share a set of values which is at the heart of what we do.