National Key Account Manager
- Join a leading, branded retail supplier in a virtually recession proof sector
- Respected trade brand with extensive key account customer base
- Job created by an internal promotion
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the most exciting pet brands in the UK. Innovative and passionate with an excellent trade reputation this is a company with 50 years of experience that distributes to over 10,000 pet stores, grocery and DIY chains, garden centres and online retailers. Created by an internal promotion at a time of unprecedented demand this is an outstanding opportunity for a skilled account manager to realise the huge growth potential of a portfolio of key retail accounts.
The Role of Key Account Manager:
Working closely with the Head of Sales, the Key Account Manager will be responsible for managing multiple retail / ecommerce customers across the UK, building long-term relationships to drive sales and profitable growth. Your customers will range from a 20 store pet speciality chain to garden centre groups, regional multiples and the ecommerce channels of supermarkets.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Day to day management and ownership of your customer portfolio
- Building relationships with key stakeholders across each customer
- Implementing bespoke account development plans that deliver on-target growth
- Work with marketing colleagues to build promotional campaigns
- Manage all customer administration requirements
- Analyse sales data to inform forecasts and opportunities
- Drive new business through considered prospect plan
Candidate profile: Key Account Manager
To apply, you will need to be a commercially astute account manager with at least 3 years of experience dealing with professional retail buyers in an fmcg / consumer goods setting. Equally you should be able to demonstrate a proven track record in developing profitable relationships that deliver sales results.
Other qualities we seek are:
- Living in the South of England and prepared to travel as required
- A proven track record of delivering sales results through professional retail buyers
- The ability to achieve demanding targets through solid planning, analysis and strategic implementation
- An excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills
- Able to sell, present and negotiate at all levels within an organisation
- Hard working and committed. Strong team player. Ambitious and keen to learn
The successful candidate will enjoy a basic salary to £40,000 plus quarterly and annual bonuses, a quality company car, 25 days holiday and entry to the company pension scheme.
For more information and to apply please contact Nick Hester at Cavendish Maine recruitment:
Name – Nick Hester
Telephone – 01275 813030
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
By responding to this advert you consent to Cavendish Maine processing the personal data included within this application.
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Should you not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this please call us to advise.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.
Share this job
About Cavendish Maine
Cavendish Maine is a team of expert, straight-talking, and talented recruitment professionals with a shared passion to connect employers with the candidates they need to grow their business. With 30 years of experience, we adapt each recruitment process to meet the needs of our clients, through a blend of the very best recruitment practises, delivered with committed focuss on quality, understanding and integrity at every stage.
Whilst we are all very different, we share a set of values which is at the heart of what we do.