Motor Fleet Underwriter
One of the UK’s leading insurance companies seeks an Underwriter to join their Motor Fleet Underwriting team in Bristol. They seek a dynamic and motivated individual that seeks a challenge and is looking for career progression.
About the Role:
Your duties will include:
- Analysing, Underwriting, and processing small, medium and large Motor Fleet risks within your underwriting authority.
- Handling and monitoring complaints in accordance with the Complaints Handling procedures.
- Supporting achievement of regional growth and loss ratio targets, including liaison with the Operations Team and field visits when required.
- Providing a first-class customer service.
- Complying with all regulatory and internal systems controls.
- Pro-actively dealing with enquiries and dealing with queries.
- Providing expert technical advice and guidance to customers.
Key Skills/Experience Required:
- Previous experience in motor insurance is essential while Motor Fleet knowledge would be beneficial.
- A commitment to good customer care.
- Excellent organisation and communication skills.
- The ability to influence and implement change.
- Initiative to identify and act upon process and service improvements.
- Strong team-working skills.
- A pro-active approach to the acquisition of business.
- Progression towards ACII or willingness to learn.
- Ideally applicants will have a minimum of 5 GCSE’s (or equivalent) at Grade C or above, including English Language and Mathematics.
- A full driving licence would be an advantage.
- Salary up to £42,000 depending on experience.
- Up to 10% Bonus
- Contributory pension scheme (up to 12% employer contribution)
- 25 days annual leave (opportunity to purchase more)
- Gym membership
- Hybrid working – 1 day / week in the office.
Contact: David Harries
By responding to this advert you consent to Cavendish Maine processing the personal data included within this application.
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Should you not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this please call us to advise.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.
Share this job
About Cavendish Maine
Cavendish Maine is a team of expert, straight-talking, and talented recruitment professionals with a shared passion to connect employers with the candidates they need to grow their business. With 30 years of experience, we adapt each recruitment process to meet the needs of our clients, through a blend of the very best recruitment practises, delivered with committed focuss on quality, understanding and integrity at every stage.
Whilst we are all very different, we share a set of values which is at the heart of what we do.