Head of Sales
- A market leading manufacturer, established over 100 years
- Job Sector: Consumer goods. Lifestyle brand. DIY & garden
- Strong brand identity, high quality range
- Excellent IT and marketing support
- Family owned, passionate business
- Job Location: Hybrid. Birmingham and home office
You will be tasked with achieving the company’s growth plan through all customer channels (UK retail trade, ecommerce, international distributors). This broad sales, marketing and leadership role will include the internal management of a small office-based team and the external management of a marketing and a website consultancy.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Build, agree and deliver a sales strategy encompassing UK and International markets
- Identify relevant distribution gaps and opportunities
- Delegate and communicate internally
- Work closely with colleagues in operations, purchasing, finance and customer service
- Update the CRM with details of all customer contact
- Use market knowledge to support new product development
- Attend UK and International trade shows
About the Company:
You will be working for a family-owned, long established, British manufacturing business that strives to produce the world’s best product in their category, with strong brand identity. After a period of investment in production, IT and marketing the business is poised for sales growth in all channels.
Head of Sales profile:
In a senior role within this small, committed, family-owned business we seek a special individual whose focus is their results over their job title; sees the long term opportunity over the short term benefits and really wants to engage with every single person in the business.
- Able to demonstrate a track record of target-beating sales performance
- Experience of selling a brand with a clear understanding of USPs, brand equity and channel management
- Previous success selling to key customers in retail, ecommerce or through international distributors
- Highly IT literate and used to making data-led decisions
- Committed to using the CRM to support sales reporting and forecasting
- Excellent presentation, communication and customer relationship skills
- Able to grow sales, while building relationships
- Act with professionalism and commitment
- Negotiable basic salary
- Annual bonus
- Mileage allowance
- 22 days paid holiday plus statutory days, rising with long service.
- Mobile phone, laptop
- Pension scheme 5%/5%
- Private healthcare
Contact: Nick Hester
By responding to this advert you consent to Cavendish Maine processing the personal data included within this application.
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Should you not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this please call us to advise.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.
Share this job
About Cavendish Maine
Cavendish Maine is a team of expert, straight-talking, and talented recruitment professionals with a shared passion to connect employers with the candidates they need to grow their business. With 30 years of experience, we adapt each recruitment process to meet the needs of our clients, through a blend of the very best recruitment practises, delivered with committed focuss on quality, understanding and integrity at every stage.
Whilst we are all very different, we share a set of values which is at the heart of what we do.