A market leading specialist Insurance Company are looking to recruit an ambitious new business focused Commercial Underwriter to further develop their already significant presence within the South of England.
A talented individual is sought to contribute to the shape and future of an established team, by bringing new ideas to the table, driving growth and delivering excellence within the Commercial Underwriting space.
If you have an impressive track record of success in your current job then this is the opportunity to drive your career forward and be rewarded appropriately for the business that you lead.
About the Role:
As a Development Underwriter your responsibilities will include:
- Manage and develop a panel of brokers, with a remit to increase market share within property, liability and commercial combined.
- Visiting and building relationships with the regions key brokers, addressing their needs and underwriting risks onsite.
- Deal with New Business enquiries, renewal, and mid-term adjustments by producing terms and converting/retaining acceptable business.
- Maintain personal knowledge of relevant technical issues.
- Underwriting of the largest and most complex commercial cases (with a significant underwriting authority)
- Active broker development, using your sales and negotiation skills to win business through existing broker relationships and forging new ones.
- Enjoy working for a firm that values its team, offering strong benefits and all the support and development you could ask for.
Key Skills/Experience Required:
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Strong sales drive with the ability to establish and develop high-level business relationships.
- A proven Commercial Underwriting track record in Property and Casualty
- Firm grasp of risk exposure, able to determine the acceptance criteria and risk classifications
in a range of complex or unfamiliar situations.
- Analytical problem-solving approach with initiative and a ‘can do’ attitude
- An insightful, ambitious, willing teammate who takes ownership and accountability, keen to share expertise.
- Progression towards ACII would be advantage, but not essential.
- Salary up to £60,000 depending on experience.
- Company car / car allowance
- 27 days annual leave (opportunity to purchase more)
- Contributory pension scheme plus excellent benefits package
- Home based with occasional travel to the office.
Contact: David Harries
By responding to this advert you consent to Cavendish Maine processing the personal data included within this application.
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Should you not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this please call us to advise.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.
Share this job
About Cavendish Maine
Cavendish Maine is a team of expert, straight-talking, and talented recruitment professionals with a shared passion to connect employers with the candidates they need to grow their business. With 30 years of experience, we adapt each recruitment process to meet the needs of our clients, through a blend of the very best recruitment practises, delivered with committed focuss on quality, understanding and integrity at every stage.
Whilst we are all very different, we share a set of values which is at the heart of what we do.