A highly successful Chartered Insurance Broker are looking to appoint a Compliance Manager to support their continued Growth. A company who truly believe in providing an unrivalled level of service to their clients. When you become part of their team, your commitment will be rewarded with a market leading salary and competitive benefits package, as well as a clearly defined career path.
Supporting the Leadership team, the Compliance Manager will be responsible for ensuring that business processes, transactions, and corporate governance adhere to all relevant regulatory, legal, and internal guidelines. The Compliance Manager will review employee work, develop company policies, and respond to policy violations, ensuring all operations are FCA compliant.
This role offers hybrid / home working with regular travel to offices across the South West.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Evaluate, investigate, and resolve compliance and corporate governance issues
- Produce monthly compliance report
- Deal with and resolve incoming complaints within the desired timescales
- The recording and notification to relevant parties of internal breaches
- Liaise with managers from a compliance perspective to ensure audits and file monitoring are completed in a timely fashion
- Ensure that all advice and operations remain FCA compliant
- Stay abreast of regulatory and market changes
- Participate in due diligence for M&A activities
- Supporting the Commercial Director on commercial decisions
Key Skills/Experience Required:
- Detailed knowledge of Insurance industry best practice and compliance standards including understanding and application of governance frameworks, relevant methodologies, and knowledge of emerging practices.
- Previous experience in a compliance role either within Consultancy or for a Broker / Insurer is essential.
- Strong communication, time management and computer literacy skills.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with a range of different stakeholders through excellent interpersonal skills.
- Able to deal professionally with internal and external contacts, and ability to represent the business and with a high level of credibility.
- CII Certificate in Insurance and ideally working towards Diploma in Insurance
- Salary up to £65000 depending on experience.
- Excellent benefits package
- Remote / Flexible working
By responding to this advert you consent to Cavendish Maine processing the personal data included within this application.
If your application is successful, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Should you not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this please call us to advise.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.
Share this job
About Cavendish Maine
Cavendish Maine is a team of expert, straight-talking, and talented recruitment professionals with a shared passion to connect employers with the candidates they need to grow their business. With 30 years of experience, we adapt each recruitment process to meet the needs of our clients, through a blend of the very best recruitment practises, delivered with committed focuss on quality, understanding and integrity at every stage.
Whilst we are all very different, we share a set of values which is at the heart of what we do.