A market leading specialist Insurance Company are looking to recruit an ambitious Assistant Underwriter to join a growing team with a significant presence within Hampshire and the South East.
You’ll underwrite and service existing accounts with the expertise and support of a team of experienced underwriters
If you have gained experience in Commercial Underwriting or Broking, then this is the opportunity to drive your career forward and be rewarded appropriately for your efforts
About the Role:
As an Assistant Commercial Underwriter, you will:
- Build relationships with brokers, negotiating effectively, and providing excellent customer service at all times.
- Maintain a good level of underwriting, demonstrated through knowledge of authority levels and company guidelines.
- Manage renewal cases with the broker to secure renewal and upsell/cross sell additional covers.
- Use your analytical skills to detect and assess both standard and non-standard risks
- Comply with key regulatory and risk management responsibilities.
- Maintain appropriate records for allocating & tracking performance v budget, renewal diaries and new business pipeline.
Key Skills/Experience Required:
You’ll possess the following skills and experience:
- Educated to A-Level standard or equivalent, you’ll have either started your Cert CII qualification or will be keen to do so.
- Previous experience of Commercial Insurance gained with an Insurer or Broker.
- A sound knowledge of insurance and underlying legal principles and practices.
- An excellent communicator with good interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with clients and colleagues alike.
- Highly numerate with an analytical, problem-solving approach.
- Motivated, ambitious, and compassionate means that you slot in well to the team and provide a first
- Salary up to £30,000 depending on experience.
- 27 days annual leave (opportunity to purchase more)
- Contributory pension scheme plus excellent benefits package
- Hybrid working
Contact: David Harries
By responding to this advert you consent to Cavendish Maine processing the personal data included within this application.
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Should you not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this please call us to advise.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.
Share this job
About Cavendish Maine
Cavendish Maine is a team of expert, straight-talking, and talented recruitment professionals with a shared passion to connect employers with the candidates they need to grow their business. With 30 years of experience, we adapt each recruitment process to meet the needs of our clients, through a blend of the very best recruitment practises, delivered with committed focuss on quality, understanding and integrity at every stage.
Whilst we are all very different, we share a set of values which is at the heart of what we do.