Area Sales Manager
• Join a £500 million garden machinery manufacturer.
• Inherit a sales area with an established stockist network.
• Build sales across three brands through excellent customer service.
Established for over 90 years, this business employees over 2000 people. Their focus is the manufacture and distribution of a range of garden machinery that is bought by home owners and professional users alike. Their UK dealer network provides the customer contact and your role is to support the dealer network with the right products, stock levels and technical support to maximise their success.
The role of the Area Sales Manager
Sales area: West Midlands and Wales
Your role is to maintain a strong dealer network that meets the brand standards for product presentation, sales, service, repairs, parts and accessories. Your aim is to achieve No. 1 supplier status with all customers. The key requirements of the role will be:
• Meet all dealers on a regular cycle to review sales performance and opportunities for growth.
• Conduct sell-in presentations for new products and existing ranges
• Work with dealers to establish local demand and opportunities
• Advise and coordinate dealers’ showroom set up
• Bring positive energy and a determination to maximise sales growth
• Encourage dealers’ participation in training and marketing events
• Work with your HQ team to provide each dealer with the required support
• Prepare for and actively participate in sales meetings
The person for this Area Sales Manager’s role:
Because of the technical nature of this industry and the specialist knowledge of the dealer network, previous experience of the garden machinery trade or selling through dealers is preferred.
The right candidate for this role will be:
• Based in the West Midlands or Wales
• Previous experience of field sales or dealer sales
• An understanding of the garden machinery industry with a knowledge of horticulture, agriculture or forestry
• Self-driven, results orientated, reliable and positive
• First class communication and presentation skills
• Numerate and IT literate
Salary: £30,000 – £35,000 plus 25% bonus
This role offers a basic salary and a performance-based bonus plus company car.
Contact: Nick Hester
By responding to this advert you consent to Cavendish Maine processing the personal data included within this application.
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Should you not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this please call us to advise.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.
Share this job
About Cavendish Maine
Cavendish Maine is a team of expert, straight-talking, and talented recruitment professionals with a shared passion to connect employers with the candidates they need to grow their business. With 30 years of experience, we adapt each recruitment process to meet the needs of our clients, through a blend of the very best recruitment practises, delivered with committed focuss on quality, understanding and integrity at every stage.
Whilst we are all very different, we share a set of values which is at the heart of what we do.