Area Sales Manager
- Inherit an established sales area with high growth potential
- Customer focus is garden machinery dealers, country stores and hire centres
- Full training and support is provided
You will be working for a major manufacturer of parts, equipment, and accessories for the forestry, garden, agricultural and construction markets. The company has a clear vision to be the supplier of choice in their category and all products, promotions and customer services have this aim in mind.
The role of the Area Sales Manager
Sales area: N Wales, S Wales, Staffordshire, Cheshire, Manchester, Merseyside, Lancashire, Yorkshire, Derbyshire.
With 120 stockists in this large sales area, the job holder needs to employ excellent territory management and planning skills to create an effective call cycle. The role is all about building strong, trusting relationships with knowledgeable customers and full support and training will be provided. The key requirements of the role will be:
- Creating a journey plan that maximises contact time with all customers.
- Developing customer specific sales strategies that meet sales targets.
- Dealing with a range of customers from business owners and professional buyers to workshop technicians.
- Contribute actively to a weekly team video meeting.
- Bring positive energy and a determination to maximise sales growth.
The person for this Area Sales Manager’s role:
We are looking for a motivated, positive Sales Representative who will excel in this environment. The right profile will be:
- Based in N Wales, Staffordshire, Cheshire, Manchester, Merseyside, Lancashire, Yorkshire, Derbyshire
- At least 3 years of experience as a Sales Representative and comfortable with technical products
- Motivated, positive and excited by a new opportunity
- Excellent people skills – able to read situations and take appropriate actions
- Experience dealing with independent retailers, garden centres, hardware stores or merchants is preferred.
- First class communication and presentation skills
- Numerate and IT literate
This role offers a basic salary and a performance-based bonus plus company car and generous pension and healthcare schemes. You would be joining an exciting, diverse and profitable business that has a track record of stability and loyalty among its team.
Contact: Nick Hester
By responding to this advert you consent to Cavendish Maine processing the personal data included within this application.
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Should you not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this please call us to advise.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.
Share this job
About Cavendish Maine
Cavendish Maine is a team of expert, straight-talking, and talented recruitment professionals with a shared passion to connect employers with the candidates they need to grow their business. With 30 years of experience, we adapt each recruitment process to meet the needs of our clients, through a blend of the very best recruitment practises, delivered with committed focuss on quality, understanding and integrity at every stage.
Whilst we are all very different, we share a set of values which is at the heart of what we do.