Area Sales Manager
- Join an award winning garden products supplier
- All products made from recycled materials
- Eye catching product displays
This award winning manufacturing business has captured the imagination of UK garden centres and home owners with their attractive and functional range that is all made from recycled materials. Supported by a high calibre and passionate head office team, the new job holder will be the first salesperson to represent the brand in the valuable South East territory.
Area Sales Manager – job description
Working from home, you will be responsible for driving sales through garden centres in an area covering Kent, East Sussex, West Sussex, Surrey, Berkshire, Hertfordshire, Essex and London. A high value area containing some of the largest garden centres in the UK.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Inherit a portfolio of established customers and create a journey plan that maximises customer contact time.
- Identify all key prospect accounts in the area and build new business calls into your journey.
- Use your relationship building skills to win profitable long-term partnerships with all accounts.
- Provide an exceptional experience for the customer through the highest standards of customer service.
- Devise creative initiatives to grow business within individual accounts and across the whole region.
- Support in store activity in national account branches.
- Apply appropriate forecasting and promotional planning procedures within the region.
- Attend trade shows or other showcase events.
Area Sales Manager – candidate specification
In order to maximise the success of this important role, we seek a talented Sales Representative with a proven track record of field sales achievement from another garden trade supplier. You might have been selling landscaping materials, garden tools, growing media, garden sundries or plants and you will have demonstrated your ability to connect with your buyer and grow business together.
Specific qualities will include:
- A home location close to the M25
- Field sales experience dealing with independent garden centres
- Great relationships with garden centre staff and buyers
- A talent for account management with sound sales and negotiation skills
- A persuasive communicator able to influence both internally and externally
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
For more information and to apply please contact Nick Hester at Cavendish Maine:
Name – Nick Hester
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel – 01275 813030
By responding to this advert you consent to Cavendish Maine processing the personal data included within this application.
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Should you not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this please call us to advise.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.
Share this job
About Cavendish Maine
Cavendish Maine is a team of expert, straight-talking, and talented recruitment professionals with a shared passion to connect employers with the candidates they need to grow their business. With 30 years of experience, we adapt each recruitment process to meet the needs of our clients, through a blend of the very best recruitment practises, delivered with committed focuss on quality, understanding and integrity at every stage.
Whilst we are all very different, we share a set of values which is at the heart of what we do.