Newly Qualified Solicitor
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Area||South West, UK|
|Sector||Energy and EngineeringLegal|
|Salary||£25,000 - £35,000|
- Role Summary:
The role is primarily focused in the areas of commercial and construction contracts, but also includes undertaking other legal tasks as directed by the Director of Legal.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assisting in documenting international projects.
- Deal with international compliance and sanction issues.
- Supporting on international tenders.
Commercial / Construction / O&M Contracts
- Bonds, guarantees and parent company guarantees.
- Liaise with external lawyers.
- Liaise with internal teams, including finance, commercial, project managers, and procurement.
- Security releases.
- Drafting and negotiating appointment, warranties, JCT minor works and sub-contracts.
- O&M contracts.
- EPC contracts.
- Commercial contracts/agreements.
- Terms and Conditions.
Risk Management and Compliance
- Research and review company policies in relation to anti-bribery and anti-corruption.
- Assist with the delivery and implementation of the anti-bribery and anti-corruption policy, GDPR related policies, including training.
- Undertake sanctions checks of potential entities and individuals.
- Supporting the Head of Legal with legal compliance and risk management.
- Dealing with disputes/litigation.
- Proof reading large contracts and other legal documents.
- Dealing with routine legal enquires.
- Research on case law, legal precedents, marketing and sector issues.
- Assisting in data room management.
- Assisting in contract compilation.
- Word processing and amending legal documents and letters.
- Booking travel and diary management (as required).
- Record keeping in relation to external legal resource, policies and procedures etc.
- File management - where physical files are held, taking responsibility for filing and maintaining the files in a good order. Where electronic files are held, ensuring that all documents are scanned to the correct location and labelled accordingly.
- Printing and binding documents and arranging other documents to be enclosed with letters.
- Answering the telephone and taking messages or dealing with enquiries where appropriate.
- In conjunction with team members, checking the billing from external legal resource against estimates.
- To ensure a quality service and compliance for all matters in accordance with agreed standard policies.
- Strong attention to detail.
Key Skills/Experience Required:
- Paralegal to twoyears Post Qualified Experience (PQE) or similar equivalent UK Qualified Solicitor.
- Excellent word processing, formatting and document creation skills.
- Strong IT skills with an in depth understanding of MS 365 suite including SharePoint, Outlook word is essential. A good understanding of Excel is helpful.
- Previous experience working in a legal department or law office would be desirable.
- Well organised with the ability and desire to work within a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- A law degree would be desirable, good legal background knowledge is required.
Key competencies required for this role include:
- Customer focus
- Integrity and trust
- Interpersonal savvy
- Priority setting
By responding to this advert you consent to Cavendish Maine processing the personal data included within this application.
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Should you not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this please call us to advise.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.