Interim Finance Manager
|Job Type||Temporary / Contract|
|Area||West Midlands, UK|
|Sector||Accountancy and FinanceGeneral Insurance|
|Salary||Up to £32,000|
- Leading Insurance organisation, who are enjoying a period of sustained growth, wish to recruit an experienced Finance Manager to join their team. The Finance Manager will principally be responsible for management account preparation of a Niche acquisition.
- To begin with the candidate will complete the transition of a finance team from Doncaster to Stoke as a result of the recent group acquisition.
- It will involve recruitment of two teams of individuals (total c12 FTE) and ensure the seamless continuity of processes and procedures as part of the move.
- Briefly the teams cover reconciliation of supplier and client bordereaux, AR, AP and credit control.
- The existing finance function in Doncaster is covered under a Transitional Services Arrangement until April 1st and the teams must be up and running, delivering the objectives by this date.
- The successful candidate will be joining a high performing and growing team representing a significant proportion of group revenue and EBITDA.
- There is great opportunity to learn and gain exposure to the wider business and the senior leadership team helping to deliver the successful integration of a major strategic acquisition.
- The individual will be responsible for delivering the management accounts and becoming the SME on the finance side of the niche acquisition.
- In the beginning, the individual will need to work closely with the Integration Director and the Interim Integration Finance Manager to deliver the finance team transition by building out the finance team and ensuring continuity of service.
- Help deliver the project on time and to cost.
- Help ensure continuity of service for clients and suppliers.
- Produce monthly management accounts.
- Work closely with the Financial Director of Claims Solutions to support operational finance function.
- Provide monthly analysis on variances against budget.
- Produce monthly KPI pack for Senior Management.
- Provide monthly balance sheet back up and reconciliations.
- Play a key role in producing and developing monthly Group reporting packs.
- Report on and, where appropriate, manage the cash position.
- Involved in the budgeting and forecasting processes.
- Prepare statutory accounts with support from Group and manage local audit process.
- Other ad hoc duties.
Person Specification / Key Skills
- At least 2 years’ experience of working within a management accounts/finance manager role.
- Experience of using Sage would be preferred.
- Qualified accountant (ideally 2 years PQE), but would consider part-qualified.
- Proven track record of delivering results to a deadline.
- Ability to work within a wider project and finance team.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- IT literate, including advanced excel skills.
- Organised and methodical approach.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong worth ethic.
- Experience of working in the insurance industry would be an advantage but not a requirement.
Ideally the candidate will be ready to start by 1st February and the contract is expected to last for 6-9 months. For further information, please contact Adrian Richards at Cavendish Maine.
By responding to this advert you consent to Cavendish Maine processing the personal data included within this application.
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Should you not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this please call us to advise.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.