|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Area||South West, UK|
|Sector||Energy and EngineeringOffice SupportLegal|
|Salary||£35,000 - £39,000|
- Role Summary:
The Contract Coordinator will be responsible for running tender processes, collating all information required for the setting up of services and works sub-contracts and framework agreements, and for managing relationships and any non-performance issues with sub-contractors in order to support the provision of operation and maintenance services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Liaise with Regional Operations Managers, Operations Officers and Account Managers to obtain their input on scope of works/services required and selection criteria.
- Collate all information required for the delivery of services/works and liaise with the Legal team to set up sub-contracts and framework agreements (where relevant) and assist in negotiations.
- Liaise with in-house grounds and panel cleaning team(s) to ensure all grounds and panel cleaning works are effectively coordinated and completed, and sub-contractors are not engaged where not needed.
- Liaise with procurement and H&S staff to ensure we follow relevant procedures and obtain input from them as required.
- Run tender processes, to ensure best value for money is obtained and the selected sub-contractor meets other criteria including quality of works and Health and Safety requirements.
- Ensure sub-contracted works/services are delivered within budget.
- Establish delivery plans for sub-contracted works/services.
- Confirm with Operations Officers that works have been carried out on time and to an agreed and acceptable quality level, and maintain a log of this and of actual expenditure on a site by site basis.
- Manage relationships and any non-performance issues with sub-contractors; liaising with the Legal team where required.
- Arrange variations to existing sub-contracts where needed/relevant.
- Identify and implement improvements to the contract process and ways to reduce our sub-contractor costs.
- Prepare and submit forecast sub-contractor costs for future years for budgeting purposes.
The Contracts Coordinator also must ensure:
- All contracts they are responsible for are in place by the required deadlines.
- Best value for money for the works/services is obtained.
- All sub-contractors fulfil all QA and H&S requirements.
- Ultimately ensure that the works/services are delivered on time, within budget and to the quality and safety level required.
The types of works/services to be covered by these contracts could include but not be limited to provision of the following:
- Grounds maintenance (mowing, hedge maintenance, weed spraying, fence repairs, environmental surveys etc.).
- Solar panel cleaning.
- Electrical maintenance of solar farms.
- Inverter manufacturer service contracts.
- Security system maintenance.
- Security alarm monitoring.
- Manned security services.
Key Skills/Experience Required:
Ideally, you will have solar experience as well as legal and commercial knowledge. The successful candidate must have a proven legal/contracts background.
- Experience in running tenders and setting up contracts as a contract manager/ administrator for delivery of services worth over £100,000 p.a. (in total).
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Experience resolving non-performance of contractors and/or disputes with contractors.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritise time.
- Competent user of Microsoft 365 suite including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Self-motivated, pro-active and conscientious.
- Used to working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment to tight deadlines.
- A team player.
- Competent user of Microsoft Project.
- Experience with contracts relating to electrical projects/services, grounds maintenance, cleaning services and/or security provision.
- Strong project management skills.
- Legal experience.
By responding to this advert you consent to Cavendish Maine processing the personal data included within this application.
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Should you not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this please call us to advise.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.